Some pgbench results

От Just Someone
Тема Some pgbench results
Дата
Re: Some pgbench results  (Jim Nasby <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Re: Some pgbench results  ("Magnus Naeslund(k)" <mag@kite.se>)
Список pgsql-general
I was doing some load testing on a server, and decided to test it with
different file systems to see how it reacts to load/speed. I tested
xfs, jfs and ext3. The machine runs FC4 with the latest 2.6.15 kernel
from Fedora.

Hardware: Dual Opteron 246, 4GB RAM, Adaptec 2230 with battery backup,
2 10K SCSI disks in RAID1 for OS and WAL (with it's own partiton on
ext3), 6 10K scsi disks in RAID10 (RAID1 in hw, RAID0 on top of that
in sw). Postgres config tweaked as per the performance guide.

Initialized the data with: pgbench -i -s 100
Test runs: pgbench -s 100 -t 10000 -c 20
I did 20 runs, removed the first 3 runs from each sample to account
for stabilization. Here are the results in tps without connection
establishing:

FS:       JFS     XFS     EXT3
Avg:     462      425       319
Stdev:  104        74       106

Intererstingly, the first 3 samples I removed had a MUCH higher tps
count. Up to 900+.

Bye,

Guy.

--