Re: Slow PITR restore

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: Slow PITR restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 12, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Gregory Stark wrote:

> I'm not sure what you guys' expectations are, but if you're
> restoring 5
> minutes worth of database traffic in 8 seconds I wouldn't be
> complaining.
>
> Depending on your transaction mix and what percentage of it is read-
> only
> select queries you might reasonably expect the restore to take as
> long as it
> took to generate them...

in this case it was 24hrs of data - about 1500 wal segments.  During
this time the machine was nearly complete idle and there wasn't very
much IO going on (few megs/sec).

I'll have to artifically build up some db traffic on an 8.3 instance
to see if the patch Tom mentioned helps.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.dellsmartexitin.com/