Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/11/2017 04:08 PM, Patrick B wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using PostgreSQL 9.2 in two different servers.
>
> server1 (Master Postgres DB server, running Postgres 9.2 / 128GB ram) -
> RAID 10 Magnetic disks
> server2 (Master Postgres DB server, running Postgres 9.2 / 128GB ram) -
> EBS (AWS) io2 10k IOPS
>
> When I run a query, I get this error:
>
> ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
>
> statement_timeout is 0 in both servers.
>
> However, on server1 I am able to run the query. Only on server2 that I
> get that error.
>
> Why? If it is same DB???

It is not the same DB if it is on two different servers not connected by
replication. More to the point statement_timeout is a client connection
setting, so is the client you use to connect to server2 the same as the
one you use for server1?

Is AWS being 'helpful' and setting a timeout?

Is there anything in the log before the ERROR shown above that indicates
something is setting statement_timeout?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com