Re: some strange messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: some strange messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There are a couple of messages in the backend that are probably
> misworded:

> #: utils/misc/guc.c:1553
> msgid "The Unix-domain socket directory to listen to"
> I think it should be something like
> "Directory where the Unix-domain socket should be created"

Fair enough --- any objections?

> #: utils/adt/acl.c:780
> msgid "cannot remove the world ACL"

> What exactly is "the world ACL"?

Privileges granted to PUBLIC --- the ACL code always keeps PUBLIC
privileges as an ACL entry, even when they are empty.  I suspect this is
an internal error that cannot happen unless an upper software layer blew
it, and as such does not need to be translated.  Can anyone check that?
I'm about out of steam for tonight...

> #: parser/gram.y:3249
> msgid "argument type missing (use NONE for unary operators)"

> Maybe the string between parenthesis should be in a separate errhint() ?

Or rewrite entirely.  Do you have a better wording?