Re: Date created for tables

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Date created for tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/23/19 6:14 PM, Ron wrote:
> On 12/23/19 7:01 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec  5, 2019 at 05:10:20PM +0000, Chloe Dives wrote:
>>> Having moved to PostgreSQL from Oracle a few years ago I have been generally
>>> very impressed by Postgres, but there are a few things that I still miss. One
>>> of those is being able to see the created and last modified dates for database
>>> objects.
>>>

>>> Is this something that has been considered for implementation?
>> I wrote a blog about this:
>>
>>     https://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2017.html#November_21_2017
>
> You all are *grossly* over-complicating this.

Not really. This discussion has come up before and it starts with the
simple case of timestamp the initial CREATE. This would suffice for some
folks. However, it then progresses into a request for full object audit
system. I understand why there is no great desire to start down this
path by the developers, they know the pressure would be on to expand the
code. As Fabrízio mentions in another post this is something that could
be covered in an extension. FYI, I do it by using Sqitch for my schema
object creation.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com