Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tommi Maekitalo said:
> Am Dienstag, 2. September 2003 17:24 schrieb Andrew Dunstan:
>> *nod* but it would be nicer if all loopback interfaces worked by
>> default - hence my localhost suggestion, which would match any of
>>
>>   127.0.0.1/32
>>
>>   ::ffff:127.0.0.1/128 and
>>   ::1/128
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> andrew

> That sounds good. Is it possible to extend lookup that way?
>
> And yes indeed - setting PGHOST to 127.0.0.1 workes but localhost not.

It wouldn't be a lookup at all. Perhaps 'localhost' is a bad name,
and 'loopback' would be better. The above would be the only addresses that
would match it, and if IPv6 was not configured in only 127.0.0.1 would
match it.

If people think it's a good idea I can probably have a patch for it in
about 2 days.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?
Сообщение: Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?