Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Another problem I have - I cannot recompile postgres with DATEDEBUG
> defined in config.h - I got the error:
<snip>

These don't appear to be related. However, I usually just (slightly)
edit the src/backend/utils/adt/Makefile to add in CFLAGS+= -DDATEDEBUG

since it is a symbol which afaik only affects files in that directory,
and should not be kept in after you are finished.

Do you have any test cases *other* than the date->datetime conversion
example? If you don't then we should probably be looking for a very
local problem, not a system-wide problem. otoh I have a hard time
picturing how this could not be a system-wide problem, given that I see
no problems on the same test case on gcc/libc5 systems.
                - Tom