Re: [INTERFACES] Re: libpgtcl.dll for Windows

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: libpgtcl.dll for Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> (If you don't need NOTIFY functionality, it'd probably be possible
> just to #ifdef out the filehandler and associated setup code... but
> I don't see that as a reasonable solution for general use.)

I think it's the best way of delivering a quick fix for the problem so
that pgaccess could work on Windows.
I didn't think that NOTIFY missing would be a disaster.
Instead, we will gain a lot of Windows users who will feel the good
taste of PostgreSQL :-) , and sometimes, someone will find the answer of
that socket-read-ready problem.

So, just #ifdef it, and let them join the band :-)

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA