Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > To help look at the problem do a "make clean" in that directory, and
> > modify the Makefile to add to CFLAGS the argument "-DDATEDEBUG"
> > which will enable some print statements.
>    Where do the output goes? To postmaster's stdout, I guess?

Yes. I always have X up on my systems, and for debugging usually run
postmaster from the command line on one terminal while running psql from
another.

Recently, Bruce et al got me going with gdb directly on the Postgres
backend, and that works very well also. You can do the following:

$ gdb postgres
<snip>
(gdb) b datetime_out
Breakpoint 1 at 0x80ec6bc
(gdb) run -d 99
<snip>
> select 'now'::datetime;
<snip>
Breakpoint 1, 0x80ec6bc in datetime_out ()
(gdb)

and you can then step through from there. Note that you should recompile
with  CFLAGS+= -O0 -g
to allow the debugger to grok the source code.
                  - Tom