Re: [HACKERS] memory destruction in 6.4

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: [HACKERS] memory destruction in 6.4
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] memory destruction in 6.4u  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> While investigating a user's complaint, I have found some memory
> destructions in 6.4 source using purify.
>
> (1) parser/gram.y:fmtId()
>
> It writes n+3 bytes into n+1 byte-long memory area if mixed case or
> non-ascii identifiers given.

Could that be also the cause for the two bugs that I have been reported
some time ago occuring when object names contain spaces ?

PostgreSQL 6.4 on RedHat Linux i386, 2.0.36 Kernel

THE FIRST ONE
=============
test=>create table students (id int4, name text);
CREATE
test=> create view "my view" as select * from students;
CREATE
test=> select * from "my view";
ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0

THE SECOND ONE
test=> create sequence student_id;
CREATE
test=> create table "my students" (id int4 default
nextval('student_id'), name text);
ERROR:  my: Table does not exist.

--
Constantin Teodorescu