Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump - segfault with -z option

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump - segfault with -z option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> I have found one cause of sometimes-but-not-always coredumps in
> pg_dump -z.  Please apply the following patch and let me know whether
> things get better for you.

I have applied the patch and test it against the same database.
Now it's ok, no more core dumps, thanks a lot.
> The ACL code in pg_dump.c looks really butt-ugly ... I think I will
> rewrite the whole thing this afternoon ... but this one bugfix may be
> enough to get you going for now.

If you are going to rewrite some of the portions of pg_dump, I would
like to ask you to include that tiny patch that makes pg_dump write for
table structures just 1 field per line (inserting \n\t after every
field) in order to get a better look of the file. The current version is
giving a extremely long line for tables and it's somehow difficult to
watch or edit it.

All the best,

--
Constantin Teodorescu