Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded

От walther@technowledgy.de
Тема Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Here is what we could with this:

> 2. The next proposal was to stop clobbering environ once LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> / LD_PRELOAD is found to keep those intact.

We could backpatch this down to v12. This would be one step to make the
test suite pass on Alpine Linux with musl and ultimately allow setting
up a buildfarm animal for that.

It does not solve the /proc/.../environ problem, but at least keeps ps
status working on musl as it did before, so not a regression.

> 4. The upstream (musl) suggestion of which I sent a PoC was to "exec
> yourself with a bigger argv".

We could do this in HEAD now ...

> Could we even use the exec-approach as the fallback in all other cases
> except BSDs and Windows and get rid of PS_USE_NONE?

... and then remove PS_USE_NONE at the beginning of the v18 cycle.

This would give a bit more time for those "other systems", which were
previously falling back PS_USE_NONE and would then clobber argv, too.

Opinions?

Best,

Wolfgang

Сообщение: Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Сообщение: Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded