Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.

От: Hartman, Matthew
Тема: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  ("Hartman, Matthew", )
 Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  (Jean-David Beyer, )
  Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  ("Hartman, Matthew", )
   Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  (Craig Ringer, )
 Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  (Merlin Moncure, )
  Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  ("Hartman, Matthew", )
   Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  (Merlin Moncure, )
    Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.  ("Hartman, Matthew", )

Good morning.

I have developed a function call that schedules patient appointments within a day based on several resource constraints. The algorithm has been mentioned on here before and I have managed to tweak it down to 6-9 seconds from the original 27 seconds.

Of course, I want it to be faster still. The function throttles one of my CPUs to 100% (shown as 50% in Task Manager) and leaves the other one sitting pretty. Is there any way to use both CPUs?

Thanks,

Matthew Hartman
Programmer/Analyst
Information Management, ICP
Kingston General Hospital
(613) 549-6666 x4294

Сообщение: Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.
Сообщение: Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.