Re: New Linux/libc5 CVSup client

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: New Linux/libc5 CVSup client
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I've noticed many checksum errors when using my older cvsup-15.2
> > installation, but have not yet had a real update to test this newer
> > package to see if it helps.
> It should fix that problem.  The checksum errors were caused by
> some whitespace changes in RCS files that were introduced in recent
> versions of CVS.  I made the checksumming algorithm for RCS files
> ignore inconsequential whitespace differences, so this problem
> shouldn't recur no matter what they do to CVS in the future.

I wasn't complaining; it's nice that your fallback technique of full
transfer made it a "don't care".

> This is the so-called "PM3" release of Modula-3, right?

Yes. Any opinions on it? Hopefully it isn't too incompatible with other
releases. They seem to be enthusiastic, and RPM support really helps
with the initial installation...

> I'm going to be on vacation next week, so I may be a bit unresponsive
> to mail during that time.

No problem. My glibc2 machine is at work, so I'll test there tomorrow if
I have time. Have a good vacation if I don't talk to you before.
                   - Tom