Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4

От Gilberto Castillo
Тема Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

> I agree with what Jonathan said here. -- Darren Duncan
>
> On 2014-04-23, 2:13 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> On Apr 22, 2014, at 7:29 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Big features", that is the ones we want to lead with in press stuff:
>>>
>>> * JSONB et. al.
>>
>> I think to echo some of the earlier statements, the important thing is
>> how we label this feature.  "Enhanced JSON access that rivals other
>> NoSQL system speeds" or the like would generate a lot of buzz.  And we
>> can definitely play-up the GIN indexing improvements around this and
>> show what other data types / systems reap the benefits of those.

"JSONB more  fast speed"

>>> * Logical Decoding/Changeset Extraction (need a marketing name for this
>>> feature, I like Logical Streaming Replication, but that's not complete
>>> yet)
>>
>> Then perhaps we hold off highlighting this feature, similar to what we
>> did with mat views for 9.3?  Ultimately, once "logical streaming
>> replication" is complete, the tag line is "replicate PostgreSQL
>> information into *any* system"

You can provide this functionality to confound, can you give more details
on its use?

>> Jonathan

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba
---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Сообщение: Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Сообщение: Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4