PostgreSQL 6.3.2, 6.4 on Irix

От Alessandro Baldoni
Тема PostgreSQL 6.3.2, 6.4 on Irix
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello!
I'm currently experiencing a series of problems with PgSQL on Irix. Here
they are:

CONFIGURATION:    SGI O2 (MIPS R10000) workstation running Irix 6.3.
COMPILER:         cc 7.1
CFLAGS:           -O2 or -g. No -n32.
PgSQL 6.4:        Unable to insert large objects.
                  The backend reports it's unable to create the xinv or
xinx
                  file, or it dies dumping core.
                  The debugger (CVD) reports a SIGBUS at line 1067 of
                  src/backend/storage/large_objects/inv_api.c

1066        attptr = ((char *) ntup) + hoff;
1067        *((int32 *) attptr) = obj_desc->offset + nwrite - 1;
1068        attptr += sizeof(int32);

PgSQL 6.3.2:      I've added a datatype to PgSQL. A SELECT * FROM TABLE
works
                  well. A join with another table causes the backend to
die in
                  the output routine of my datatype (a sprintf).
                  The debugger reports a SIGBUS at the sprintf line, but
the
                  buffer for the sprintf is correctly allocated and the
                  routine is correctly receiving data from PgSQL.
                  I'd like to sprintf 48 float8 values. The buffer is a
char *
                  string of 8Kb.
                  The datatype is 384 in size.

CONSTRAINTS:      Unable to upgrade to cc 7.2 (lack of funds).
                  GNU gcc installation feasible, but suggestions
required.

Any help will be appreciated, since I'm on the verge of a nervous
breakdown.

Bye
Alessandro Baldoni