Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Pavan Deolasee" <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> writes:
> While experimenting with the proposed CREATE INDEX support with
> HOT, I realized that SI invalidation are not sent properly for pg_index
> updates.

Hmm ... actually, CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY gets this wrong already, no?
I suspect that sessions existing at the time C.I.C is done will never
see the new index as valid, unless something else happens to make them
drop and rebuild their relcache entries for it.