Re: [HACKERS] still Query Limits to 8K ?

От Goran Thyni
Тема Re: [HACKERS] still Query Limits to 8K ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> One thing I do not know is whether we'd start to run into any hard-wired
> limits in the parser/planner/executor with very large (complex) queries
> ... Thomas, would the parser go down if you handed it a SELECT with a
> few thousand OR clauses?

Yep, I know one:

include/utils/elog.h:32:#define ELOG_MAXLEN 4096

I made a patch before 6.4, which was backed out because
I used vsnprintf which wasn't available everywhere.

This is still to short, suggests we do this for 6.4.1:

#define ELOG_MAXLEN 8192

And use my patch (with fixes) for 6.5.
regards,
--