Re: hardware upgrade, performance degrade?

От Jesper Krogh
Тема Re: hardware upgrade, performance degrade?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 01/03/2013, at 10.52, Steven Crandell <steven.crandell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently I moved my ~600G / ~15K TPS database from a
> 48 core@2.0GHz server with 512GB RAM on 15K RPM disk
> to a newer server with
> 64 core@2.2Ghz server with 1T of RAM on 15K RPM disks
>
> The move was from v9.1.4 to v9.1.8 (eventually also tested with v9.1.4 on the new hardware) and was done via base
backupfollowed by slave promotion.
> All postgres configurations were matched exactly as were system and kernel parameters.

my guess is that you have gone down in clockfrequency on memory when you doubled the amount  of memory

in a mainly memory cached database the performance is extremely sensitive to memory speed

Jesper

Сообщение: Re: hardware upgrade, performance degrade?
Сообщение: Re: hardware upgrade, performance degrade?