Re: Stats Collector Won't Start

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats Collector Won't Start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info> writes:
>> Also, do regular connections to this postmaster work across TCP/IP?
>> If getaddrinfo() is broken I'd expect there to be problems binding
>> to the postmaster's listen socket too ...

> Yes, TCP/IP connections work fine.

Hmm, that may shoot holes in this theory, but --- I'm wondering if
you've got a mismatch in struct addrinfo declarations.  I found a page
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/v5r3/topic/com.ibm.aix.commtechref/doc/commtrf2/getaddrinfo.htm
that says AIX puts ai_canonname before ai_addr in struct addrinfo,
which is opposite of what we assume in src/include/getaddrinfo.h.
So I guess the next thing to look at is your pg_config.h to see if
HAVE_GETADDRINFO and HAVE_STRUCT_ADDRINFO are defined?