Update on: Failing lo_import on RH 5.1 -- postgresql-6.3.2 (please help-I'm on my knees..)

От Jeroen Schaap
Тема Update on: Failing lo_import on RH 5.1 -- postgresql-6.3.2 (please help-I'm on my knees..)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the input everyone.

I hope it can be worked out soon.

I thought, just give it a hack and try the kernel. To my suprise this
happened:

    insert into testfile values (lo_import('/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.34-0.6'));
    INSERT 18942 1
    EOF

Wow.... what's happening here?
Must be some weird problem.
So now a killed the postmaster, su'd explicitly to postgres, started it
again. Still no succes.
Now I tried another file (a text file, in the previous directory), still
the same.
Then I thought, let's make the file root. So su, chown, and again: zero
success.
For fun, I tried /usr/bin/du. Like a charm.

Now I really don't know it anymore. <sigh>

Anyone?

Jeroen