vacuum errors... ??!!!!

От Bob Dusek
Тема vacuum errors... ??!!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello everyone,

I've got semi-big trouble.  I attempted to do a vacuum on my database a
little bit ago.  Little did I know that there were a couple of hung
processes that were still busy doing their thing to the database.  And,
as you may guess (I'm somewhat of a novice at this and I don't know
whether or not what I've just described will trigger "this guy's an
idiot" lights in everyone's head) my vacuum didn't work.  It just hung.
and hung.  So, I did the unthinkable "^C" to terminate the session.
Then, I killed all the hung processes and went back to try it again.  At
that point it gave me some sort of file locking error message.  So, I
closed my connection with that database and connected to another.  Then,
I tried a "vacuum" in that database and YES!!!  It worked.

After that, I dumped my database (the one I couldn't vacuum). Destroyed
it.  Then, I recreated it and re-populated it with the dump file.   Now,
everything seems okay, but whenever I try to do a vacuum, I get the
following message:

vacuum;
NOTICE:  Rel attritem: TID 13/4: TUPLE_LEN IN PAGEHEADER 52 IS NOT THE
SAME AS IN TUPLEHEADER 1076. TUPGONE 0.
NOTICE:  Rel attritem: TID 15/132: TUPLE_LEN IN PAGEHEADER 52 IS NOT THE
SAME AS IN TUPLEHEADER 1076. TUPGONE 0.
VACUUM

Is that really bad news?  I'm sure it has to be bad news, but the degree
to which I am "in trouble" is unclear to me.

Also, does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem?

Your help will be very greatly appreciated,

Bob