Re: OK now :-) was Re: [HACKERS] regression tests

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: OK now :-) was Re: [HACKERS] regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Ok, started from scratch, all works great. I did however read the
> INSTALL file more closely, and notice some inconsistancies:
>        12.     Install the HTML documentation. Type
>          $ cd /usr/src/pgsql/doc
>          $ gmake install
>          The documentation is also available in Postscript
>          format. Look for files ending with .ps.gz in the
>          same directory.
>
> Does not 'install' imply 'all install' if 'all' has not already been
> done?

The html docs are packaged as a tar file inside the main Postgres
tarball. The only thing the Makefile does is "install". Should we put in
an "all" to be consistant with the other makefiles? Perhaps so...

> And if so, would 'all' not include 'man'? Thus ...
>        13.     Install the man page documentation. Type
>          $ cd /usr/src/pgsql/doc
>          $ gmake man
> This complains that several files already exist.

As it always has. The man page installation process tries to make
directories without checking to see if they already exist, so you see
warnings if so. I did update these instructions with a bias toward the
html and postscript docs, I have to admit. But some people will still
want the man pages too so I included that as a separate step.
                       - Tom