PL/pgSQL definition

От Jose' Soares
Тема PL/pgSQL definition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
--postgresql-v6.4/src/pl/plpgsql/src/INSTALL says:
...       If you declare the language in the template1 database,       any subsequently created database will have
PL/pgSQL      support installed automatically.

--I declared PL/pgSQL in the template1 database but I have an ERROR
message when I try to
--use PL/pgSQL language in another database.

create function nvl(integer) returns integer as
'declare       nonullo alias for $1;
begin    if nonullo then       return nonullo;    else       return 0;    end if;end;
' language 'plpgsql';
ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION:
'plpgsql'.  Recogn
ized languages are sql, C, internal and the created procedural
languages.

--Seems that I  must to declare PL/pgSQL in every database.
--Any ideas?

--Please relply to sferac@bo.nettuno.it

--Jose-