Re: [HACKERS] PL/pgSQL a great procedural language for PostgreSQL

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PL/pgSQL a great procedural language for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>     For arguments passed by value it
>     is totally impossible to know if it's a NULL  by  looking  at
>     the value itself.

Is this a sufficient reason to move toward having all user-oriented data
types be pass-by-reference? If we don't do that, then we would need to
pass a null flag for every parameter, or an array of flags, or have some
global array which contains the null flags (which we might get away with
since Postgres is pretty much single threaded and non-reentrant in the
backend code). What other options might there be?
                      - Tom