Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A small problem with the new inet and cidr types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * redesign the function call interface to handle NULLs better

I was planning on looking at this for v6.5, at least in the context of
trying to solve the problem of returning NULL for pass-by-value types.

We should have some discussion of pass-by-value vs. pass-by-reference
and whether it is worth having both mechanisms for common data types. As
it is, functions which return int2 or int4 cannot return NULL because
there is no way to represent that with these types. I was thinking of
implementing true smallint/integer pass-by-reference types to clean this
up.
                     - Tom