Re: casting money type to float

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: casting money type to float
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> found an email from you, from Tue, 12 May 1998, where you describe the
> problems I am having with regards to casting from money to other
> types.
> "So there is some funny interaction on the casting, the same as you
> found in v6.3.2 (and presumably forever), which I will look into..."
>
> But these problems still exist in 6.4BETA2...  Is this something that
> will be fixed?
>
> To summarize the problem in case it isn't fresh in your mind: casting
> a money column in a table to float8 results in gibberish.  Casting a
> constant seems to work fine.  Casts to other types than float8 seem
> equally broken in the table case.

How are you doing the casting? I'm having trouble figuring out what
syntax you are using to get gibberish...
                  - Tom

postgres=> create table mm (m money);
CREATE
postgres=> insert into mm values ('1');
INSERT 18473 1
postgres=> insert into mm values ('2.50');
INSERT 18474 1
postgres=> select * from mm;
-----
$1.00
$2.50
(2 rows)

postgres=> select float8(m) from mm;
ERROR:  No such function 'float8' with the specified attributes
postgres=> select m * 1.0 from mm;
?column?
--------
$1.00
$2.50
(2 rows)

postgres=> select m::float8 from mm;
ERROR:  No such function 'float8' with the specified attributes