Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC, Timestamps, and DateStyle

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC, Timestamps, and DateStyle
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> > But it is not my main problem since I can set DateStyle by myself.
> > The other problem is that the driver simetimes fails to parse
> > timestamps.
> > ... The timestamp can contain fractions of second.

If this is the actual Postgres timestamp data type, it should not be
showing fractional seconds afaik. It would be good to be able to handle
that, since sometime soon it will become more like the datetime type,
but at the moment it is implemented as a "seconds from 1970" integer. So
the code which decides whether or not to print fractions should never
see a fraction to print...

Also, afaik timestamp always prints in the "ISO-8601" format as a
feature from the original implementer. I think he was wanting some M$
interoperability. I kept that convention when I rewrote the I/O for the
data type, but I'm not sure if it is desirable in the long run.

Are you _sure_ you are talking about the timestamp type??

                      - Tom

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC, Timestamps, and DateStyle
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC, Timestamps, and DateStyle