Re: PG 14.5 -- Impossible to restore dump due to interaction/order of views, functions, and generated columns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG 14.5 -- Impossible to restore dump due to interaction/order of views, functions, and generated columns
Дата
Ответы Re[2]: PG 14.5 -- Impossible to restore dump due to interaction/order of views, functions, and generated columns  ("Nunya Business" <nb3425586@gmail.com>)
Re[2]: PG 14.5 -- Impossible to restore dump due to interaction/order of views, functions, and generated columns  ("Nunya Business" <nb3425586@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
"Nunya Business" <nb3425586@gmail.com> writes:
> Within my schema there is a table that has a GENERATED ALWAYS column
> that calls a plpgsql function.  The called function has a "row type"
> variable declared that  references a view.  While the schema itself
> functions properly day to day, and pg_dumpall works as expected, the
> generated SQL fails to successfully execute.  The table in question is
> restored with no rows, and an error is generated during the COPY stating
> that the type does not exist.

Hmm, do you have actually circular dependencies in that?  pg_dump has
some heuristics for dealing with such cases, but maybe it needs more.
Please create a self-contained example and submit it to pgsql-bugs.