Re: BUG #17840: Failing to execute auto_explain for logging leads to transaction rollback.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17840: Failing to execute auto_explain for logging leads to transaction rollback.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> A query you can execute should be incapable of failing if EXPLAIN for the
> same query is issued.

Indeed.  This should be especially true for auto_explain, which isn't
even doing a re-parse or re-plan, but just dumping data from the
executor state tree for the just-finished query.  Barring edge cases
like out-of-memory, it really shouldn't fail; so I see no reason why
we should consider major structural changes to make it (perhaps) less
likely to fail.

I continue to think that the most likely explanation is oracle_fdw
doing something it probably shouldn't be doing.  I have no interest
in poking into that code myself, though.