Re: [HACKERS] Postgres - Y2K Compliant....Yes or No

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres - Y2K Compliant....Yes or No
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have seen other postings about Y2K compliance of postgres but no
> answers.  Can anyone tell me how compliant Postgres is?

Yes. It is, or should be, compliant. (btw, I wrote or integrated most of
the date/time routines.) The only place where you might possibly run
into trouble is if your underlying OS has Y2K trouble in the "get
current system time" routine.

Of course, ymmv. I've done some testing on this, and am familiar with
much of the code, but more testing or possibly docs on what testing
_has_ been done would be helpful. Anyone else have a start on this?
                  - Tom