[Fwd: errors in psqlodbc]

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема [Fwd: errors in psqlodbc]
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

     I'm not sure you are the person to recieve these.  If not, could you
     pass them along.

     These problems were found when installing postodbc on sun solaris
     2.5.1.  It could be that some of these would not be errors on some
     other OS.

     connection.c.  A seg fault occurs when writing to one of the log
     files.  The problem is a null pointer.

     misc.c.  If log files are written by one user, then the next user
     cannot reopen or replace the files since they are owned by the first.
     There the fopen returns a null pointer and causes a segmentation
     error.

     gpps.c.  There were several errors in the implementation of
     GetPrivateProfileString and WritePrivateProfileString.  The principle
     problem was that iodbc and psqlodbc ended up pointing to different ini
     files.  I used this code in another application and implemented all
     the features of the Window's APIs.

     I think the code to read the ini files should be in iodbc not each
     client.  I have received three different iodbc's from postgres, mysql,
     and openlink distributions.  All three slightly different.  And most
     of the differences are in the handling of ini files.

     I am sending my implementation of GetPrivateProfileString and
     WriteProfileString in files: profile.h, profile.c, and a test
     application testpro.c.

     One problem with the distribution of psqlodbc is that the linker
     switch -B symbolic causes 4 linker errors to be listed.  I did not
     know this was really OK, that the linker errors would be resolved by
     the dynamic loading.  Therefore, I wasted a lot of time trying to
     solve this problem that wasn't really a problem.  Perhaps, there
     should be some warning in the install documentation to expect these
     linker errors.

     John Sharp
     jsharp@cfipro.com
     sharp@cs.pdx.edu