Re: language cleanups in code and docs

От David Steele
Тема Re: language cleanups in code and docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/8/20 4:39 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've pushed most of the changes.
>
> On 2020-06-16 18:59:25 -0400, David Steele wrote:

>>> My understanding of primary is that there really can't be two things
>>> that are primary in relation to each other.
>>
>> Well, I think the same is true for multi-master and that's pretty common.
>>
>>> active/active is probably
>>> the most common term in use besides multi-master.
>>
>> Works for me and can always be updated later if we come up with something
>> better. At least active-active will be easier to search for.
>
> What do you think about the attached?

I think this phrasing in the original/updated version is pretty awkward:

+  A standby server that cannot be connected to until it is promoted to a
+  primary server is called a ...

How about:

+ A standby server that must be promoted to a primary server before
+ accepting connections is called a ...

Other than that it looks good to me.

Regards,
--