Re: new compiler warnings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: new compiler warnings
Дата
Re: new compiler warnings
Список pgsql-hackers
> On tis, 2011-10-18 at 01:00 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> I'm not sure if these can/should be fixed or not, but here are the
>> compiler warnings I'm getting on gcc and clang on ubuntu 11.10 with -O2.
>> The gcc ones are mostly new.

> They are expected with gcc 4.6.  There isn't anything we can do about
> them.

Well, we're going to have to think of something, because as more of us
move onto the newer gcc releases the annoyance level is going to become
intolerable.

I think a large fraction of the -Waddress warnings are coming from
this line in the heap_getattr macro:
AssertMacro((tup) != NULL), \

Seems to me we could just lose that test and be no worse off, since
the macro is surely gonna dump core anyway on a null pointer.

But some of the remaining -Waddress warnings are not so painless to
get rid of.  Ultimately we might have to add -Wno-address to the
default CFLAGS.