Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Your solution really is tailored for this 'partial' query application,
> and I think it is a big need for certain applications that can't use
> cursors, like web apps.  Most other apps have long-time connections to
> the database, and are better off with cursors.

And there are persistant web servers available too, to help work around
this "stateless connection problem"? Let's remember that we are solving
a problem which has few requirements for data integrity, and which is
starting to get out of the realm of Postgres' strengths (almost any
scheme can barf data up to a client if it doesn't care whether it is
repeatable or complete).

Neat stuff though :)

                     - Tom