Re: kevent latch paths don't handle postmaster death well

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: kevent latch paths don't handle postmaster death well
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The process exit event is like an 'edge', not a 'level'... hmm.  It
> might be enough to set report_postmaster_not_running = true the first
> time it tells us so if we try to wait again we'll treat it like a
> level.  I will look into it later today.

Seems like having that be per-WaitEventSet state is also not a great
idea --- if we detect PM death while waiting on one WES, and then
wait on another one, it won't work.  A plain process-wide static
variable would be a better way I bet.