Re: Something is wrong with wal_compression

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Something is wrong with wal_compression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Reading Andres's comments and realising how relatively young
> txid_status() is compared to txid_current(), I'm now wondering if we
> shouldn't just disclaim the whole thing in back branches.

My thoughts were trending in that direction too.  It's starting
to sound like we aren't going to be able to make a fix that
we'd be willing to risk back-patching, even if it were completely
compatible at the user level.

Still, the idea that txid_status() isn't trustworthy is rather
scary.  I wonder whether there is a failure mode here that's
exhibitable without using that.