Re: /proc/self/oom_adj is deprecated in newer Linux kernels

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: /proc/self/oom_adj is deprecated in newer Linux kernels
Дата
Re: /proc/self/oom_adj is deprecated in newer Linux kernels
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Does anyone want
>> to argue for doing something more complicated, and if so what exactly?

> Well there's no harm trying to write to oom_score_adj and if that
> fails with EEXISTS trying to write to oom_adj.

Well, (1) what value are you going to write (they need to be different
for the two files), and (2) the main point of the exercise, at present,
is to avoid kernel log messages.  I'm not sure that trying to create
random files under /proc isn't going to draw bleats in the kernel log.

Сообщение: Re: /proc/self/oom_adj is deprecated in newer Linux kernels
Сообщение: Re: /proc/self/oom_adj is deprecated in newer Linux kernels