Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster locking issues.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have talked to Billy.  I see no real value to try chasing around
> OS-specific lock file locations.  /tmp is fine, and if they don't have
> sticky bits in /tmp, they have much larger problems than the location
> of the lock file.

The OS-specific areas would be a nice feature, but not for this release
of course. We could either put in the hooks to specify the area now, and
default to /tmp, or we could put that off until December.

Perhaps Billy and I can work it through then...

                       - Tom