Re: lockup in parallel hash join on dikkop (freebsd 14.0-current)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: lockup in parallel hash join on dikkop (freebsd 14.0-current)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Except that you're saying that you hit this on elver (amd64), I think it'd be
> interesting that we see the failure on an arm host, which has a less strict
> memory order model than x86.

I also saw it on florican, which is/was an i386 machine using clang and
pretty standard build options other than
    'CFLAGS' => '-msse2 -O2',
so I think this isn't too much about machine architecture or compiler
flags.

Machine speed might matter though.  elver is a good deal faster than
florican was, and dikkop is slower yet.  I gather Thomas has seen this
only once on elver, but I saw it maybe a dozen times over a couple of
years on florican, and now dikkop has hit it after not so many runs.