Re: Research on ?? operators

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: Research on ?? operators
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Andrew,

On 04/06/2019 12:38, Andrew Gierth wrote:

>  Matteo> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pdo_escape_placeholders
>
>  Matteo> One question that I'm supposed to answer now is: is there any
>  Matteo> known usage in the wild of some custom "??" operator that would
>  Matteo> require funny escaping like "????"?
>
> I don't recall seeing a ?? operator in the wild, but it is a perfectly
> legal operator name and you should assume that it exists somewhere.

Absolutely yes, that's why it is mentioned in my RFC and will be
eventually mentioned in the UPGRADE documentation.

But perhaps we can also safely assume that 99.9% of the users won't have
any operator containing "??", so it can be considered a minor BC-break.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/