unsubscriber

От Kim ChongHo
Тема unsubscriber
Дата
Список pgsql-general
unsubscribe
On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Marc Eggenberger wrote:

> With the current database I need a field that is automaticly
> incremented when data is added. I looked in the docs, and the
> mailinglist archive ... could find any suitable ...

I suppose there may be an easier/better way than this. But what I do when
I create the table I create a sequence, then have a field which
automatically increments the field ... Like so:

CREATE SEQUENCE game_id;

CREATE TABLE games (
        game_id INT DEFAULT nextval('game_id') PRIMARY KEY,
        game_title varchar (250),
    etc....
    )

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net