Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Just some unfinished stuff.

От Gerald Gryschuk
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Just some unfinished stuff.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> Ah! That's the source of our confusion! I install into
>   /opt/postgres/current
> rather than into /usr/local, but do so by setting the PGROOT environment
> variable. I never have to specify any configure command-line options
> when I build. Which is a good thing since I sometimes build several
> times in a session as I'm developing backend code...

No this shouldn't have mattered, I was trying to write the configure
script around the fact people might not install to /usr/local/pgsql.
However, I don't see how PGROOT and PGLIB get in here. I looked at
the 6.4 files you sent and back at the 6.3 files and none of them
(that I could see) make reference to PGROOT etc. So... is this something
new or what? How do these environment variables override anything, maybe
in the Postgres distribution Makefile.global.in that you didn't send me?

> Now that I think about it, I also set PGLIB, so should make sure that
> the odbc installation uses that rather than POSTGRESDIR/lib.

Well I think I have a more "comprehensive" solution. Not that yours is
bad. But it misses one semi-important file, the odbcinst.ini. Your
changes
will leave its installation directory unchanged. So the configure.in
file
you sent me would still cause it to be installed in /usr/local/share
even
with your changes.

More below.

> It does look like this, but the top of configure.in has the line
>
>   AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT(/usr/local)
>
> which pretty much sets everything which follows, and which is an
> unconditional assignment. So without command-line switches, that's where
> things went before my changes.

O.k. I see the problem now. The configure.in file that you sent was
based
on the first version I sent you. The second configure.in has changes
specifically
meant to overcome the problem your seeing, why this didn't occur to me
before I don't know. However, the changes I made to configure.in still
don't take into
account using the PGROOT etc. environment variables, so I had to make
changes to
the Makefile.global.in. I would be much happier if you could explain
exactly how these override anything.

Anyway, again see below for more on this.

> The only thing which still annoys me is having to carry the template
> directory inside interfaces/odbc. But I agree that it would be best to
> have the Postgres tree carrying the full psqlodbc sources so that
> someone can pick up just that part and carry it do a different client.
> I've thought about having a "make standalone" which creates a tarball
> with the template files included, but let's keep it simple (as-is) for
> this release.

Ask and you shall receive. I've made some more changes, had to anyway to
fix
your other problems. Note that I removed your changes to the GNUmakefile
for
the reason I mentioned above. I moved the possible use of PGROOT and
PGLIB to
the odbc Makefile.global using the only manner that I could think the
Postgres distribution files do it. As I said I'm still in a fog as to
how they exactly get used in the Postgres distribution but I think I
made
a good surmise.

Regardless, I had to make changes to the configure.in to fix the root
problem.
I also made changes so that we don't have to carry the templates
directory
around. Basically I added a variable to the odbc configure.in called
TEMPLATEDIR.
Depending on where the source is being built this will get set to
either,
    TEMPLATEDIR=../../template        (integrated build)
or
    TEMPLATEDIR=./template        (standalone, requires that the template
directory
                    be in the same directory as the odbc source)

I than simply added a variable SOURCES to the GNUmakefile.in which is a
list of
all the source files that are in the odbc directory, including the
Windows build
files etc.

Lastly I simply added the targets 'standalone' and 'integrated'.
'standalone' will
create a tar file with all the files in SOURCES than it backs up to the
Postgres
src directory and appends the Postgres 'template' directory.
'integrated' simply does
the first step.

Note that I also added a target 'distclean' which does 'clean' plus gets
rid of the
config.h GNUmakefile and Makefile.global.

Lastly could you please remove the READMEBYRONANDTHOMAS.txt file from
the distribution,
that was meant to be for your eyes only and than deleted or moved
anyway.

The changes I made can be found in the attached files,
configure.in,GNUmakefile.in
and Makefile.global.in.

After copying these files to the 'interfaces/odbc' directory don't
forget to do
an autoconf.

By the way you might like to do a 'make integrated', copy the resultant
tarball to any directory outside the Postgres distribution and see what
happens
when you go to configure it. Either that or just read the configure.in.

Oh yeah, do you think were ready to get rid of the old
Makefile/Makefile.unx stuff. If
you think we are maybe you shouldn't leave them in the release.
--
Gerald Gryschuk(ggryschuk@scf.sk.ca)
Programmer Analyst
Saskatoon Cancer Centre
((306)655-2746)#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Makefile.inc--
#    Build and install postgres.
#
# Copyright (c) 1994, Regents of the University of California
#
#
# IDENTIFICATION
#    $Header: /usr/local/cvsroot/pgsql/src/GNUmakefile.in,v 1.24 1998/01/17 23:39:05 scrappy Exp $
#
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
@SET_MAKE@

NAME = psqlodbc
SRCDIR=@srcdir@
ODBCSRCDIR=@srcdir@
include $(ODBCSRCDIR)/Makefile.global

include Version.mk
PORTNAME= @PORTNAME@

FIND = @find@

# assuming gnu tar and split here
TAR  = @tar@
SPLIT = @split@

ifeq ($(PORTNAME), linux)
  install-shlib-dep := install-shlib
  shlib := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION).$(SO_MINOR_VERSION)
  LDFLAGS_SL = -shared -soname lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)
  LDFLAGS_SL += -Bsymbolic $(LDFLAGS) -lc -lm
  CFLAGS += -I. $(CFLAGS_SL)
endif

ifeq ($(PORTNAME), bsd)
  ifdef BSD_SHLIB
    install-shlib-dep := install-shlib
    shlib := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION).$(SO_MINOR_VERSION)
    LDFLAGS_SL = -x -Bshareable -Bforcearchive $(LDFLAGS)
    CFLAGS += -I. $(CFLAGS_SL)
  endif
endif

SOURCES = *.c *.h *.in Config.mk Makefile Makefile.unx README.Linux \
    TODO.txt Version.mk config.guess config.sub configure \
    install-sh license.txt notice.txt odbcinst.ini patch \
    psqlodbc.aps psqlodbc.def psqlodbc.mak psqlodbc.mdp \
    psqlodbc.ncb psqlodbc.rc readme.txt

OBJECTS = info.o bind.o columninfo.o connection.o convert.o drvconn.o \
        environ.o execute.o lobj.o misc.o options.o \
        pgtypes.o psqlodbc.o qresult.o results.o socket.o parse.o statement.o \
        gpps.o tuple.o tuplelist.o dlg_specific.o $(OBJX)

CFLAGS += @DEFS@

all: libpsqlodbc.a $(shlib)

libpsqlodbc.a: $(OBJECTS)
    $(AR) $(AROPT) libpsqlodbc.a $(OBJS)
    $(RANLIB) libpsqlodbc.a

$(shlib): $(OBJECTS)
    $(LD) $(LDFLAGS_SL) $(OBJECTS) \
    -o $(shlib) $(LIBS)

.PHONY: beforeinstall-headers beforeinstall-ini install-headers

.PHONY: install install-libpsqlodbc install-shlib-dep

install: install-headers install-libpsqlodbc install-ini $(install-shlib-dep)

install-headers: beforeinstall-headers isql.h isqlext.h iodbc.h
    $(INSTALL) $(INSTLOPTS) iodbc.h $(HEADERDIR)/iodbc/iodbc.h
    $(INSTALL) $(INSTLOPTS) isql.h $(HEADERDIR)/iodbc/isql.h
    $(INSTALL) $(INSTLOPTS) isqlext.h $(HEADERDIR)/iodbc/isqlext.h

beforeinstall-headers:
    @if [ ! -d $(HEADERDIR)/iodbc ]; then mkdir $(HEADERDIR)/iodbc; fi

beforeinstall-ini:
    @if [ ! -d $(ODBCINST) ]; then mkdir $(ODBCINST); fi

install-libpsqlodbc: libpsqlodbc.a
    $(INSTALL) $(INSTL_LIB_OPTS) libpsqlodbc.a $(DESTDIR)$(LIBDIR)/lib$(NAME).a

install-shlib: $(shlib)
    $(INSTALL) $(INSTL_LIB_OPTS) $(shlib) $(DESTDIR)$(LIBDIR)/$(shlib)
    rm -f $(DESTDIR)$(LIBDIR)/lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX)
    rm -f $(DESTDIR)$(LIBDIR)/lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)
    cd $(DESTDIR)$(LIBDIR) && $(LN_S) -f $(shlib) lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)
    cd $(DESTDIR)$(LIBDIR) && $(LN_S) -f lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION) lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX)

install-ini: beforeinstall-ini odbcinst.ini
    $(INSTALL) $(INSTL_LIB_OPTS) odbcinst.ini $(ODBCINST)/odbcinst.ini

depend dep:
    $(CC) -MM *.c >depend

.PHONY: clean

clean:
    -rm -f lib$(NAME).a $(shlib) $(OBJECTS) lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX)
    -rm -f config.log config.cache config.status

.PHONY: distclean

distclean: clean
    -rm -f config.h GNUmakefile Makefile.global

.PHONY: standalone

standalone:
    -rm -f psqlodbc-$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)$(SO_MINOR_VERSION).tar.gz
    tar -cf psqlodbc-$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)$(SO_MINOR_VERSION).tar $(SOURCES)
    tar -r -C ../.. -f psqlodbc-$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)$(SO_MINOR_VERSION).tar template
    gzip psqlodbc-$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)$(SO_MINOR_VERSION).tar

.PHONY: integrated

integrated:
    -rm -f psqlodbc-$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)$(SO_MINOR_VERSION)-int.tar.gz
    tar -cf psqlodbc-$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)$(SO_MINOR_VERSION)-int.tar $(SOURCES)
    gzip psqlodbc-$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)$(SO_MINOR_VERSION)-int.tar
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Makefile.global--
#    global configuration for the Makefiles
#
# Copyright (c) 1994, Regents of the University of California
#
#
# IDENTIFICATION
#    $Header$
#
# NOTES
#    This is derived from the main Postgres makefile.
#
#    When running standalone:
#    To override the default setting, create a Makefile.custom in this
#    directory and put your defines there. (Makefile.custom is included
#    near the end of this file).  Sometimes, a variable gets set in
#    Makefile.global after Makefile.custom has been included, so you can't
#    simply set that variable in Makefile.custom.  In those cases, there is
#    often another variable (like CUSTOM_COPT) that you can set in
#    Makefile.custom that influences the later setting of the true variable
#    of interest (like CFLAGS) by Makefile.global.
#
#
#    If you change any of these defines you probably have to
#       make clean; make
#    since no dependencies are created for these. (of course you can
#    be crafty and check what files really depend on them and just remake
#    those).
#
#    Before including this file, you must set the SRCDIR variable to the
#    path of the top of the Postgres source tree (the directory that
#    contains this file).
#
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------

#
# CONFIGURATION SECTION
#
# Following are settings pertaining to the postgres build and
# installation.
# of the port.
#
# Ignore LINUX_ELF if you're not using Linux.  But if you are, and you're
# compiling to a.out (which means you're using the dld dynamic loading
# library), set LINUX_ELF to null in Makefile.custom.
LINUX_ELF= true
#
# Ignore BSD_SHLIB if you're not using one of the BSD ports.  But if you
# are, and it's one that doesn't have shared libraries (NetBSD/vax is an
# example of this), set BSD_SHLIB to null in Makefile.custom.
BSD_SHLIB= true

# For convenience, PSQLODBCDIR is where BINDIR, and LIBDIR
# and other target destinations are rooted.  Of course, each of these is
# changable separately.

ifdef PGROOT
PSQLODBCDIR = $(PGROOT)
else
PSQLODBCDIR= @prefix@
endif

# Where the postgres executables live (changeable by just putting them
# somewhere else and putting that directory in your shell PATH)
BINDIR= $(PSQLODBCDIR)/bin

# Where libpsqlodbc.a gets installed.  You must put it where your loader will
# look for it if you wish to use the -lpq convention.  Otherwise you
# can just put the absolute pathname to the library at the end of your
# command line.

ifdef PGLIB
LIBDIR=$(PGLIB)
else
LIBDIR= $(PSQLODBCDIR)/lib
endif

# Where the man pages (suitable for use with "man") get installed.
POSTMANDIR= $(PSQLODBCDIR)/man

# Where the formatted documents (e.g., the reference manual) get installed.
POSTDOCDIR= $(PSQLODBCDIR)/doc

# Where the header files necessary to build frontend programs get installed.
HEADERDIR= $(PSQLODBCDIR)/include

# Where the odbcinst.ini file will be placed

ifdef PGROOT
ODBCINST=$(PGROOT)
else
ODBCINST= @ODBCINSTDIR@
endif

#
# FEATURES
#
# To disable a feature, comment out the entire definition
# (that is, prepend '#', don't set it to "0" or "no").

#
# Installation.
#
# For many ports, INSTALL is overridden below.
INSTALL= @INSTALL@
RANLIB= @RANLIB@

INSTLOPTS= @INSTLOPTS@
INSTL_EXE_OPTS= @INSTL_EXE_OPTS@
INSTL_LIB_OPTS= @INSTL_LIB_OPTS@

#
# For building shell scripts:
#
# For many ports, these are overridden below.

# DASH_N is what we put before the text on an echo command when we don't
# want a trailing newline.  BACKSLASH_C is what we put at the end of the
# string on a echo command when we don't want a trailing newline.  On
# some systems, you do echo -n "no newline after this", while on others
# you do echo "no newline after this\c".

DASH_N= @DASH_N@
BACKSLASH_C= @BACKSLASH_C@

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# See the subdirectory template for default settings for these
#-------------------------------------------------------------
CC= @CC@
AROPT= @AROPT@
CFLAGS= -I$(ODBCSRCDIR) @CPPFLAGS@ @CFLAGS@
CFLAGS_SL= @SHARED_LIB@
LDFLAGS= @LDFLAGS@ @LIBS@
DLSUFFIX= @DLSUFFIX@
LN_S = @LN_S@

ifeq ($(CC), gcc)
CFLAGS+= -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
endif

ifdef COPT
   CFLAGS+= $(COPT)
endif
dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
AC_INIT(bind.c)
AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT(/usr/local)

if test -d ../../interfaces
then
    TEMPLATEDIR=../../template
    if test "$prefix" = "NONE"
    then
        ac_default_prefix=/usr/local/pgsql
        ODBCINSTDIR=$ac_default_prefix
    else
        ODBCINSTDIR=$prefix
    fi
else
    TEMPLATEDIR=./template
    if test "$prefix" = "NONE"
    then
        ODBCINSTDIR=$ac_default_prefix/share
    else
        ODBCINSTDIR=$prefix
    fi
fi

echo "*** configuring psqlodbc ***"

AC_CANONICAL_HOST

case "$host_os" in
 solaris*)
        case "$host_cpu" in
          sparc) os=sparc_solaris ;;
           i386) os=i386_solaris ;;
        esac ;;
   sunos*) os=sunos4 ;;
     aux*) os=aux ;;
   linux*) os=linux ;;
    bsdi*) os=bsdi ;;
 freebsd*|netbsd*|openbsd*) os=bsd ;;
    dgux*) os=dgux ;;
     aix*) os=aix ;;
nextstep*) os=nextstep ;;
  ultrix*) os=ultrix4 ;;
    irix*) os=irix5  ;;
    hpux*) os=hpux ;;
     osf*) os=alpha ;;
     sco*) os=sco ;;
 machten*) os=machten ;;
  cygwin*) os=win ;;
 sysv4.2*)
       case "$host_vendor" in
               univel) os=univel ;;
                    *) os=unknown ;;
       esac ;;
   sysv4*) os=svr4 ;;
*) echo ""
   echo "*************************************************************"
   echo "configure does not currently recognize your operating system,"
   echo "therefore you must do a manual configuration of:"
   echo "$host_os"
   echo "Please contact scrappy@hub.org to see about rectifying this, "
   echo "including the above 'checking host system type...' line "
   echo "*************************************************************"
   echo ""
   exit;;
esac

PORTNAME=${os}

AC_SUBST(PORTNAME)

echo "checking echo setting..."
if echo '\c' | grep -s c >/dev/null 2>&1
then
    ECHO_N="echo -n"
    ECHO_C=""
else
    ECHO_N="echo"
    ECHO_C='\c'
fi

dnl cat <<EOT
dnl **************************************************************
dnl     Postodbc v0.0250 Installation Program
dnl
dnl Welcome to the new improved Postodbc installation program.
dnl This configuration program is for version 0.0250 of the
dnl Postodbc software.
dnl
dnl EOT

dnl this part selects the template from the one in the
dnl template directory.

dnl if test "X$with_template" != "X"
dnl then
dnl     TEMPLATE=template/$with_template
dnl else
dnl     TEMPLATE=DO_NOT_CHANGE_THIS_INVALID_FILENAME
dnl fi

AC_MSG_CHECKING(setting template to)
AC_ARG_WITH(template,
    [  --with-template=TEMPLATE
                            use operating system template file
                                see template directory],
    [  TEMPLATE=$withval ],
    [  host_no_ver=`echo "$host" | sed 's/[[0-9.]]*$//'`
        GUESS=`grep "$host_no_ver" $TEMPLATEDIR/.similar | sed 's/.*=//' | tail -1`
        if test "$GUESS"
        then   TEMPLATE="$GUESS"
        else   TEMPLATE=`uname -s | tr A-Z a-z`
        fi
    ])
AC_MSG_RESULT($TEMPLATE)

if test ! -d "$TEMPLATEDIR"
then
    cat << EOT
You seem to be missing the template directory needed by
configure. If you just copied the source from the Postgres
distribution you should instead have issued the command
'make standalone' which would have built a distribution
containing the necessary template directory. The other
option is that your trying to build from the source
which is meant to be placed in the Postgres distribution
directory 'interfaces/odbc'. Depending on your case either get the
standalone source from the following Web site:

    www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/

or issue the 'make standalone' command from the
'interfaces/odbc' directory of your Postgres Distribution,
or copy the distribution file you have to your Postgres
distribution's 'interfaces/odbc' directory and try
again.

If neither of these is the case than please complain
kindly to the maintainers, their e-mail addresses can
be found in the Readme files.
EOT

exit
else

if test ! -f "$TEMPLATEDIR/$TEMPLATE"
then
    cat <<EOT
Please select a template from the ones listed below.  If no
template is available, then select the 'generic' one and
consider emailling scrappy@hub.org with the above line which
starts 'checking host system type...'
EOT
    TEMPLATE=generic
    GUESS=`grep "^$host_no_ver=" $TEMPLATEDIR/.similar 2>/dev/null`
    if test ! "$GUESS"
    then    host_no_ver=`echo "$host" | sed 's/[[0-9.]]*$//'`
        GUESS=`grep "$host_no_ver" $TEMPLATEDIR/.similar 2>/dev/null`
    fi
    if test "$GUESS"
    then
        TEMPLATE=`echo $GUESS | sed 's/.*=//'`
    fi
    export TEMPLATE
    ls $TEMPLATEDIR
    echo "**************************************************************"
    $ECHO_N "Appropriate template file { $TEMPLATE }: $ECHO_C"
    read a
    if test "$a." != "."
    then
        TEMPLATE=$a
    fi
    if test ! -f $TEMPLATEDIR/$TEMPLATE
    then
        echo "You must choose an appropriate template file."
        exit
    fi
fi
fi

TEMPLATE=$TEMPLATEDIR/$TEMPLATE
export TEMPLATE
echo ""

AROPT=`grep '^AROPT:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
SHARED_LIB=`grep '^SHARED_LIB:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
CFLAGS=`grep '^CFLAGS:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
SRCH_INC=`grep '^SRCH_INC:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
SRCH_LIB=`grep '^SRCH_LIB:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
DLSUFFIX=`grep '^DLSUFFIX:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
DL_LIB=`grep '^DL_LIB:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
CC=`grep '^CC:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`
LIBS=`grep '^LIBS:' $TEMPLATE | awk -F: '{print $2}'`

a=$SRCH_INC
CPPFLAGS=`echo "$a" | sed 's@  *@ @g; s@^\([[^ ]]\)@-I\1@; s@ \([[^ ]]\)@ -I\1@g'`

export CPPFLAGS
echo "- setting CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS"

a=$SRCH_LIB
LDFLAGS=`echo "$a" | sed 's@  *@ @g; s@^\([[^ ]]\)@-L\1@; s@ \([[^ ]]\)@ -L\1@g'`

export LDFLAGS
echo "- setting LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS"

dnl Allow for overriding the default location of the odbcinst.ini
dnl file which is normally ${prefix}/share or ${prefix} if this is
dnl being compiled inside the postgres distribution.
AC_MSG_CHECKING(setting ODBCINST)
AC_ARG_WITH(
   odbcinst,
   [   --with-odbcinst=<datadir> change default directory for odbcinst.ini],
   AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(ODBCINST, ${with_odbcinst}) AC_MSG_RESULT($with_odbcinst),
   AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(ODBCINST, ${ODBCINSTDIR}) AC_MSG_RESULT(${ODBCINSTDIR})
)

if test "X$with_odbcinst" != "X"
then
    ODBCINSTDIR=$with_odbcinst
fi

AC_SUBST(ODBCINSTDIR)

if test "X$with_compiler" != "X"
then
        CC=$with_compiler
else
        AC_PROG_CC
fi

AC_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

dnl Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CPP

AC_SUBST(PORTNAME)
AC_SUBST(LDFLAGS)
AC_SUBST(CPPFLAGS)
AC_SUBST(AROPT)
AC_SUBST(SHARED_LIB)
AC_SUBST(CFLAGS)
AC_SUBST(DLSUFFIX)
AC_SUBST(DL_LIB)

INSTALLPATH="/usr/ucb:$PATH"
AC_PATH_PROGS(INSTALL, ginstall installbsd bsdinst scoinst install, NONE, $INSTALLPATH)
if test $INSTALL = "NONE"
then
   echo "- No Install Script found - aborting."
   exit 0;
fi

INSTLOPTS="-m 444"
INSTL_EXE_OPTS="-m 555"
INSTL_LIB_OPTS="-m 644"

case "`basename $INSTALL`" in
 install|installbsd|scoinst)
    INSTLOPTS="-c $INSTLOPTS"
    INSTL_EXE_OPTS="-c $INSTL_EXE_OPTS"
    INSTL_LIB_OPTS="-c $INSTL_LIB_OPTS";;
esac

echo "- Using $INSTALL"
AC_SUBST(INSTALL)
AC_SUBST(INSTLOPTS)
AC_SUBST(INSTL_LIB_OPTS)
AC_SUBST(INSTL_EXE_OPTS)

dnl Check the option to echo to inhibit newlines.
ECHO_N_OUT=`echo -n "" | wc -c`
ECHO_C_OUT=`echo "\c" | wc -c`
if test "$ECHO_N_OUT" -eq 0; then
  DASH_N='-n'
  BACKSLASH_C=
else
  if test "ECHO_C_OUT" -eq 0; then
    DASH_N=
    BACKSLASH_C='\\\\c'
  else
    AC_MSG_ERROR("echo behaviour undetermined")
  fi
fi
AC_SUBST(DASH_N)
AC_SUBST(BACKSLASH_C)

AC_PROG_LN_S
AC_PROG_MAKE_SET
AC_PROG_RANLIB
AC_PATH_PROG(find, find)
AC_PATH_PROG(tar, tar)
AC_PATH_PROG(split,split)

AC_CHECK_LIB(c,        main)
AC_CHECK_LIB(m,        main)
AC_CHECK_LIB(dl,       main)

dnl Checks for header files.
AC_HEADER_STDC
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sys/param.h pwd.h)

dnl Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.

dnl Check for any "odd" conditions

dnl Checks for library functions.
AC_CHECK_FUNCS(stricmp)

dnl Check for X libraries