Re: [DOCS] Online backup vs Continuous backup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [DOCS] Online backup vs Continuous backup
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Online backup vs Continuous backup  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> This addresses the technical workings of the various backup systems.
>> The fact that it is or isn't on-line, hot, continuous, fast, or flexible
>> is secondary.

> To me, the continuous activity is the significant feature of that backup
> method.  I chose "Continuous Backup" because it is the continual
> activity that is significant.  "Continuous Archiving"?

I like Peter's suggestion as-is; or "WAL Archiving".  I don't like
applying adjectives that are not specific to the particular method.
That will just create more confusion down the road if we add another
feature that could also be called "continuous archiving".

Сообщение: Re: Online backup vs Continuous backup
Сообщение: Re: Online backup vs Continuous backup