Re: Just some unfinished stuff.

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: Just some unfinished stuff.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> > Speaking of docs, Byron, do you have a preference for how we will do
> > nice docs for the distribution? I've got some sgml source code for
> > Unix-side issues, but have not integrated any other information.
> > Could you summarize what docs resources currently exist, and which
> > ones you would like to see in the future?
> Oh goody. Real docs. I was hoping someone else would do them. Can I
> assume that if your writing "nice docs" that I don't have to write
> that new Readme I mentioned?

Well, I have good new and bad news...

First, the good news: We will have real odbc docs for this release.

Now the bad news: I'd like you to contribute to them *grin*

I've enclosed the existing sgml source and the html output (so you can
see what it looks like) for the odbc docs I've adapted and written.
afaik it doesn't have any of the generic or WIN32 info from Byron's
docs, but it should try to cover the Unix-specific stuff at least.

Could you look at it and add information you think is important? If you
get confused on the sgml markup just type in plain text in about the
right place without markup and I'll fix it up after you send it back
(maybe you can mark things with a "***" or "GGG" to make sure I find the
un-marked-up changes, if any).

At the moment I've got these docs in the Programmer's Guide, but I think
they should show up somewhere else, in either the User's Guide or the
Admin's Guide. Which would you vote for?

                      - Tom