Re: Fwd: SSL auth question

От Wim Lewis
Тема Re: Fwd: SSL auth question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 Apr 2014, at 11:38 PM, carriingfate92@ya.ru wrote:
> I set certificate auth on postgresql 9.3. I generate SSL certificate with my custom extension. So, OpenSSL read it,
PostgreSQLaccept it if this extension is not critical, but if I set this extension critical, PostgreSQL deny
connection.

I think that is the correct behavior. The "critical" bit tells PostgreSQL (or other software) what to do if it does not
understandthe extension: if there's an unknown extension with the critical bit set, then the certificate can't be
validated.If the critical bit is not set, then the unknown extension is ignored, and the certificate is processed as if
theextension weren't there.

See this section of RFC 5280: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5280#section-4.2

The idea is that you can set the critical bit for extensions that are supposed *restrict* the usability of the
certificate,so that the certificate won't be used in undesired ways by software that doesn't understand the extension.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Proposal: variant of regclass
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: It seems no Windows buildfarm members are running find_typedefs