Re: Multi-column index vs index on individual columns

От Guyren Howe
Тема Re: Multi-column index vs index on individual columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In a typical web storefront or catalog app, there are a fairly small number of queries that are run often that are more complex and slower. It is perfectly appropriate to consider creating compound/partial indexes to speed up those queries. Just be aware that indexes trade off slower insert/update time against faster search time. I would read use-the-index-luke.com for detailed advice about using compound and partial indexes effectively.