libpgtcl core dump with socket access.

От Neil Darlow
Тема libpgtcl core dump with socket access.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

My environment is Red Hat 5.1 Intel, kernel 2.0.35-2, glibc-2.0.7 running
PostgreSQL-6.3.2 and Tcl/Tk-8.0.2. Colleagues have reported that the problem
does not occur with the original *stock* Red Hat 5.1 distribution.

If you connect to a database locally with: set dbc [pg_connect "dbname"]
then there is no problem. Executing: set result [pg_exec $dbc "select * from
 non_existent_table"]
results in an error message being reported by tclsh or wish.

If you connect to a database with: set dbc [pg_connect -conninfo
"dbname=database
 host=hostname port=portname user=username password=password"]
then execute: set result [pg_exec $dbc "select * from non_existent_table"]
always results in a core dump.

I have checked other libpgtcl interface commands and they appear to work ok. It
just seems to be pg_exec over socket connections. Performing the same operations
with psql always results in error messages being returned.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a solution?

Neil Darlow (UK).