Core Dumps with libpgtcl.

От Neil Darlow
Тема Core Dumps with libpgtcl.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I am running postgresql-6.3.2 under Red Hat 5.1 Intel and am experiencing core
dumps with pgaccess-0.88.

I am running Tcl/Tk 8.0.2. Is libpgtcl.so.1 compatible with this version of
Tcl/Tk?

I've had a quick look through the source for libpgtcl and there seem to be a few
conditionals for version 7.5 and 7.6 but not later versions.

What caught my attention was the provision of a function PgGetFileProc which is
associated with a field of structure Pg_Conn (itself a Tcl_ChannelType).
In version 8.0.x of Tcl there is no getFileProc field, only a getHandleProc
field who's associated function has a different argument signature to that of
PgGetFileProc.

It also appears that the PgGetFileProc associated code only gets included for
Tcl version 7.6. Is this relevant?

My symtoms are that whenever the postgresql server would normally return an
error
condition from pg_exec, a core dump results.

Is this a known problem and is there a published solution?

Regards,
Neil Darlow (UK).