Re: [HACKERS] Fix performance of generic atomics

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Fix performance of generic atomics
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Fix performance of generic atomics  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/05/2017 02:24 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> writes:
>> I have tested this patch on a 2-socket machine, but don't see any
>> performance change in the various runs. However, there is no regression
>> either in all cases.
>
> Hm, so if we can't demonstrate a performance win, it's hard to justify
> risking touching this code.  What test case(s) did you use?

I ran pgbench (-M prepared) with synchronous_commit 'on' and 'off' using
both logged and unlogged tables. Also ran an internal benchmark which
didn't show anything either.

Setting the entry back to "Needs Review" for additional feedback from
others.

Best regards, Jesper